13 July 2008

so what if i'm a slacker?

Okay, so I'll be honest. I wasn't really planning on writing again, but Molly begged me to. It's not that I don't want to write, but I don't have an interesting life. I don't do fun things or have cute children. But, I'll attempt to entertain in this post nonetheless.

So since January...wow. Um, the semester went really well. I loved my Math 315 class. It was the most interesting class, and my professor was quite fantastic. I loved the class so much that I kept the book...for fun...to read in my spare time. It was actually really funny for a math book--it said stuff like "we'll leave the proof of this until the next chapter as an enticement to the reader" or "let's sink our mathematical teeth into..." G-r-e-a-t. Well, I thought it was.

My TA-ing for Math 334 went better than expected, and I'm planning on TA-ing for that class again in the fall (and in the winter if possible).

My other classes went pretty well and I ended up getting a 3.94 for the semester, which I was pretty darn excited about. In fact, that gave me an overall GPA of 3.88 which gives me a full tuition scholarship for next year! I am so excited. I have worked so hard in school and it has paid off. It's really quite funny how much I love school. I'm glad I'm planning on being a teacher, because I love being in an environment where I can constantly learn and help others learn. I'm thinking about getting a masters in Math Education, but I'm not sure yet if I will. Right now, so many different things could happen in my life...so I'm just going to live life as normal and see what happens. I'd love to do more school and learn more (I get bored without school--namely right now), but I also really want to teach and basically I just...don't really know exactly what I want at this exact moment. I'll figure it out, though.

Okay, what else? I stayed at BYU for spring term and it was pretty fun. I love spring term because the weather is beautiful and the atmosphere is so calm and relaxed. My classes were interesting--I took a stats class (2 hours every day. My teacher only came 2 of the 10 hours a week. There were no grades in the class. It was a ridiculous waste of time. And yet somehow my teacher arbitrarily gave me a B+), a math class (my last hard math class! very exciting. I actually enjoyed this class a lot more than I thought I would, but it definitely stretched me), and
a secondary education class (it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot--I now understand a lot more about teaching...it's not just having the subject mastered. It's about making a difference in the lives of children).

After the semester was over, I drove to Colorado with my friend Stephy for my friend Candice's wedding. I was there for a week--Candice was absolutely beautiful and the wedding reception was gorgeous and lots of fun. I had a great time hanging out with my friends Stephy and Summer and doing lots of fun things in Colorado. I was really anxious to come home, though.

I'm home now, and it's been fun to hang out with Molly and the rest of my family, but I'm so bored. I'm not home for very long (I'm also going back to Utah early so I can be a Y-group leader), so I couldn't get a job, so I just have very little to do with my time. Any ideas? Anyone? Next week, my Molly and my Mom will be at girls camp and my Dad and Jehn will be working full-time, so I might just die of boredom. Possibly.

I think this is all I'll write for now. If I think of anything else, I'll post more later. Adios.

P.S. Sorry, I'm terrible at taking pictures. I know this would be more interesting with pictures.

5 comments:

janae said...

You know, I think your life is interesting. Sheri Dew doesn't do 'fun' things or have children either, and yet her life is pretty interesting as well. You just have to keep an eye out good stories. ;) Anyway, I'm glad you posted, because you said a lot of things I didn't know and I love keeping up with your life. Oh, and I have an idea for next week ... if you want, you are invited to come spend the week with us. Samuel thinks its a great idea as well. You don't have to, but I would love the company! :)

Summer said...

YAY you posted!!! This made me really happy. I already knew all that stuff but that's because we talk. Actually, I didn't know you were dying of boredom cuz we haven't talked in like 5 years. You have a pretty fantastic life. Math ed master?? That would be pretty sweet. Oh, and if you need ideas for things to do...I could recommend lots of good books...I never get bored with my to-read list.

Aubrey said...

Yay for awesome, math-loving TAs! I needed my share of them through my Computer Engineering BS. Congrats on the scholarship.

steph said...

I like reading your blog! I was disappointed when you stopped. I don't have or an interesting life either... I just write so I can have a record of what's happened... and its my way of de-stressing. I also like keeping people updated that way.. its a lot easier than phone calls... but I doubt anyone really reads my blog anyway. haha. I hope you are having fun right now. I miss ya cousin!

Molly said...

YAY!!!!! You posted! I guess you can get what you want by being annoying. :)