WARNING: THIS IS A LONG POST. I hope you love me enough to read it (and COMMENT) anyway. :)
Molly and I think we're really funny, so hopefully some of you think so too. If not, I apologize. Probably half of this post is going to be focused on our adventure driving there. As we drove there, we wrote down things in a little notebook to remind ourselves about funny things that happened on the drive. I'll just kind of talk about a few of those things before I get to the actual concert.
Note: In the D.C. area, driving is CONFUSING. I hate driving to confusing places that I haven't driven to before. I get super stressed and end up yelling (very meanly) at Molly. I feel awful afterwards, but I can't help it (okay, I can, but I don't). I wasn't mean the whole drive, don't worry. Mostly just when we were trying to find parking and it was really stressful and I started crying.
Here we go:
1. Inner Loop. In the D.C. area, there are freeways called the "inner loop," the "outer loop," and some other things. To be honest, I really know very little about driving here (even though I've lived here my whole life). I just do what directions tell me to do (or in this case, what a GPS tells me to do). But anyway. Molly and I were driving on the inner loop. Loop made me think of donuts (I think I was hungry). I couldn't stop thinking about donuts. We saw this truck that looked like it was carrying oriental food and I just kept asking Molly "do you think they have donuts?" or, "do you think you could roll down your window and ask if they have any donuts?"
2. Temple song. We were driving from VA to MD for the concert. It was supposed to be a 1 hr 15 min car ride, but there's this little (more like huge) thing called rush-hour. We tried to beat it, but we sort of failed. We were on the road for like 3 hours. Anyway, the exciting part of our drive is when we saw the temple emerging from the trees (SO pretty). We broke out in song and sang "I love to see the temple." Both verses.
3. Block of wood in the car. Molly thinks every new car should come with a block of wood that is inside of the car. Why, you ask? Have you ever been in the car and said "knock on wood," only to realize there is no wood in the car? Yeah, it's annoying.
4. Molly mimicking people in cars next to us. When you're bored, and you see people doing weird things in cars next to you, you mimic them for fun.
5. Molly asking trucks to honk (but not really). Once upon a time, when we were both children, it was fun (and cool) to do the little arm motion that tells trucks to honk for you. Then, we got older. It's no longer cool (in fact, it's embarrassing). Thus, Molly tried and Natalie told her to stop. Now.
6. Gathering tires from the side of the road for Activity Day camp. There are lots of tires on the side of a freeway--did you know that? Um, well, when you're bored, sometimes you get weird. Molly and my mom do a day camp for the Activity Day girls in our ward. They always do little crafts and stuff. Well, I told Molly we should gather all the tires and use them. I thought it was a good idea. She didn't.
7. Trust the GPS. We borrowed a GPS from a friend so we wouldn't have to be as stressed driving. We also had printed directions just in case something went wrong. I was nervous to trust the GPS because I thought it would tell us weird directions or something. So I made Molly read me the regular directions too. She kept telling me: TRUST THE GPS. I refused at the beginning. By the end of our trip, I told Molly: "I love the GPS. It's my new best friend." On the way home, she'd ask stuff like "are you sure this is right?" and I'd answer, "uh-huh. The GPS said so. Molly, trust the GPS."
8. Stay left, in the left lane. Then, keep left. Molly and I loved when the GPS said stuff like this. So funny. "Hey molly, do you think we should go left?"
9. What did you say? button. We think all GPS's should have a what did you say? button. Sometimes the GPS would talk and we'd miss it and not know what to do. We tried talking to the GPS and asking "what did you say?," but it didn't ever hear us.
10. Southhampton Road. On the way to the concert, the GPS told us to go on Southhampton road. I was still in a familar area, and I felt like it wasn't the best way to go, so I ignored the GPS. On the way home, we decided to try it. We found out why it was not a good way to go (speed limit= 25 mph, stupid speed bumps), but decided it was an adventure (it had huge hills and we yelled "weeeee!" the whole way down. Yes, we are 15 and 21. Do you have a problem with that?).
So then we got to the concert. We got there JUST in time. We stopped right before to get subway so we wouldn't starve--it was SO good. But we got there right as the beginning act was singing. We went and found our seats. Allie had given me and Molly the tickets for Molly's birthday (and mine I guess too). She spent a ton of money to get us real seats instead of lawn seats (she's the best!). That was great because we were so much closer and didn't have to get there 80 hours early. We were kind of on the side, but it was still pretty darn close.

While we were waiting for the concert to start, the screen displayed these texts that people sent to "Taylor." Molly and I tried to get one on the screen, but we never saw ours. The screen was really irritating but we watched it anyway (because what else do you do?). I think 92% of the texts on the screen said something like "scream if you love taylor!" or "i love tay! scream and yell if you do too!" It got really. really. really annoying.
One cool thing is that while we were waiting, Taylor's mom walked RIGHT past us. Like was a foot away from us. I don't think other people realized it was her but Molly and I did (because we're hardcore fans). Unfortunately we were too shy to run up and ask for a picture with her or something.
Kellie Pickler sang before Taylor did. She was great. We love her too. She's super cute and we know some of her songs, so that was fun. Here are a few pictures.

Then the excitement level increased. The crowd was going crazy. "TAYLOR! TAYLOR! TAYLOR!" The front curtain came down. Taylor soon. So excited.

She came out in marching band garb, singing "You belong with me." If you don't know the song, go to youtube. It's so good. I love it. The costume makes sense.
At one point in the concert, she randomly went up between the chairs and the lawn "seats," facing the lawn. She sang like 3 songs up there. 
Molly and I were incredibly jealous, but happy for those lucky people that were SO close to her. Then, after she sang all those songs, she walked THROUGH THE CROWD up to the front where the stage was. People were going insane. Everyone was screaming. It was pretty exciting (even though we only witnessed it--we were still kind of far away-ish). When she got back up to the stage, everyone continued to scream for an entire 5 solid minutes. Scream and scream for her. We, of course, were also screaming. The best thing about Taylor was that she was SO REAL the whole concert. She wasn't some celebrity that we couldn't relate to. She was one of us, just much more talented. She was so taken aback with the amount of people there (17,000) and the amount of people screaming for her. She was so emotional and just stood there taking it in multiple times during the concert. But especially during the solid 5 minutes of screaming. She just stood there saying "oh my gosh, oh my gosh," covering her mouth, putting her head down, just amazed by it all. When she finally spoke, she said, "Baltimore, Maryland, I hope you know that I will never forget this moment." It was cool to share that with her.


Molly and I were incredibly jealous, but happy for those lucky people that were SO close to her. Then, after she sang all those songs, she walked THROUGH THE CROWD up to the front where the stage was. People were going insane. Everyone was screaming. It was pretty exciting (even though we only witnessed it--we were still kind of far away-ish). When she got back up to the stage, everyone continued to scream for an entire 5 solid minutes. Scream and scream for her. We, of course, were also screaming. The best thing about Taylor was that she was SO REAL the whole concert. She wasn't some celebrity that we couldn't relate to. She was one of us, just much more talented. She was so taken aback with the amount of people there (17,000) and the amount of people screaming for her. She was so emotional and just stood there taking it in multiple times during the concert. But especially during the solid 5 minutes of screaming. She just stood there saying "oh my gosh, oh my gosh," covering her mouth, putting her head down, just amazed by it all. When she finally spoke, she said, "Baltimore, Maryland, I hope you know that I will never forget this moment." It was cool to share that with her.
Taylor is amazing and planned every single aspect of the tour. Every single aspect. The stage was so cool the entire time (notice in the pictures). She had a million costume changes (a few on stage--but don't worry, it was not scandalous).


At the end, her last song was "Should've said." At the end, it starting RAINING on stage and the rain had words...like you could see words in the rain. If that makes sense. Hopefully you can see it in the pictures/video. She stood under the rain and got soaking wet. It was so cool.

8 comments:
We. are. so. funny.
i love this! the random comments at the beginning were the greatest. funny stuff!
Wish i was there. so jealous!
You guys are so fun! I enjoyed the random thoughts on your drive. :)
You are a nerd. In a good way. I'm glad you guys had fun. :)
Dude, AUNT CAROL commented on your blog?! She could have SAID that to you, and she COMMENTED ON YOUR BLOG?! Man, you are cool. That's even cooler than Taylor Swift. By the way, Ryan tells me he's touched Taylor. Weird. :)
You guys are funny. I miss Maryland!! In fact, since all our stuff is still there in storage, I still claim to be from Maryland. Just cuz it's cool. And Taylor performed there.
I'm glad you guys had so much fun!
ps. Sam and I always had trouble driving and parking. And I often said mean things. And nearly cried.
janae-
i love you. oh, and sam comments on your blog (when he could just SAY it), so i think you're just as cool.
How fun, Natalie! It's fun to be obsessed with things like that --- tshirts and all. You guys are cute.
K, finally had a chance to catch up on the blogs (I need to catch mine up). I'm so glad you got to go and had an awesome time! Molly is such a mini-you.
I miss you.
Post a Comment